Matthew Werstler’s Work History
|May 2010 to Present
||Shearers Foods Inc.
|Sr. Web Application Developer and Analyst|
- I personal developed a Internal Company Sales (ICS) program the automates Intercompany Sales and Purchase Orders saving Shearers Customer Service Associates over twenty hours of work per month. The tool is comprised of a MCV Razor 4.0 user interface utilizing C#, Telerik controls, JQuery, and Entity Framework.
- Created a MCV Razor 4.0 user interface to help manage vendor related activities with the Shearers IT development team. The site consumes a single Test Driven Developed C# business layer reaching out to several data layers built over Entity Framework.
- Made improvements to the company sales forecasting logic.
- Created an EDI user interface utilizing multiple business and data layers.
- The site interacts with Red Prairie, MAPICs, Gentran, and other internal systems. Pushing and pulling data through various business, data layers, and services.
- The site uses Net 4.0 ASP.Net Forms: complete with multiple custom built paging, search filters, and data entry forms.
- I was responsible for all of the UI, and most of the primary business and data layer consumed by the site. The business and data layers were written in C# using Test Driven Development including technologies such as JQuery, AJAX, Subsonic and LINQ.
- The EDI system contains services for each transaction time (such as 945, 845, etc). I have been evolved in the creation or trouble shooting almost all of them.
- This EDI system saves Shearers thousands in transaction fees every month, and handles millions in sales.
- Maintaining and creating data integrations utilizing various technologies including: SSIS, SQL Server Stored Procedures called by SQL jobs and custom C# Integration Services.
- Creating and maintaining reports using SQL Server Reporting Services utilizing data found multiple SQL Servers and Oracle.
- Supporting various legacy code comprised from languages and tools referred to above plus: VB.net (within multiple frameworks from 1.0 to 3.5), Moo Tools, Source Safe, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, etc.
|Jan 2010 to May 2010
||North Canton, Ohio
Kenan Advantage Group
- Created a Dashboard in Win Forms ASP.Net 3.5 utilizing AJAX, JQuery, Telerik Controls to push and pull data through custom APIs.
- Created and updated various reports writing in SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
|May 2008 to 2010
- C# Web Application & Client Applications:
- Consuming XML, SQL Server Databases, and various APIs such as GoogleDocs.
- Within Multi-Tiered, Object Oriented, and Test Driven Development environments.
- Frequently utilizing my various SQL Server Development skills including SQL Scripting, Integration Services, and Reporting Services.
- Created several Flash Web Elements utilizing XML, Video Technologies, and Action Scripting.
- Using Microsoft based development tools including Visual Studio 2000/2005/2008 with Team Foundation Source Control to work on numerous projects.
- Maintaining and refactoring online and client-side software written in VBA and VB.Net.
- Creating and/or formatting various web site artwork with Fireworks and Adobe Photoshop.
- Frequently provided management with innovative ways to address present and upcoming problems.
|May 2007 to May 2008
||Robert Half Technologies
- Agile Programming
- C# and VB .Net 2.0 and 3.5 Web Development
- Flash Development
- SQL Server
- Made repairs and changes to existing Visual Basic .Net Applications
that utilized MS SQL Server
- Created a multi-Layer Application (2 Presentation, Business
Logic, and Data Logic + Connection Layers) using Visual Studios and
the following technologies:
- MS SQL
- MS Access
- Project Planning with Text, Flowcharts, and some UML
- Refigured a several broken VB.Net multi-layered Web Applications.
- Created C# Multiple Tier application to synchronize data between multiple databases
- Figure out large MS SQL Server Database structure then wrote a
number of statements including Selects, Updates, a Delete, and View Creation
statements. Diagnosed missing view data by tracing through numerous join
statements and finding missing or incorrectly entered data.
- Created a small Multiple Tier Web Application which calculated and display
student information using VB, C#, and MS SQL Server.
Aug 2006 to May 2008
Jan 2003 to May 2004
|Stark State College
ECA122 - Microsoft Application for IT Professionals
ECA228 - Intranet/Internet Design with HTML and XHTML
IMT124 - Intranet/Internet Design Tools
IMT126 - Flash Animation
IMT235 - Flash Web Programming
ECA139 - Microsoft SQL Server Database Design
ECA128 - Visual Basic Programming
- Setting up labs for Engineering Students.
- Designed Data Base driven dynamic ASP web pages on the College’s Intranet, for Engineering Students.
- Designed - Flash Based Tutorials to aid Students with computer related tasks.
Computer Science and Math Tutor|
|During the Spring Semester I tutored students in Math, Computer Science, and General Computer Related Applications.|
|Aug 2004 to Jan 2007
- Designing and customizing Medical Safety Data Sheets Search Engines in ASP for the factory floors of fortune 500 companies.
- Spent six months in a development team designing a C# .Net Chemical Inventory solution.
- Designing new web products and demo solutions in standard ASP and ASP.Net.
- Writing database views and functions in Oracle and MSS.
- Maintaining all web based product templates and client sites on our internal Window 2003 Server utilizing five instances of IIS web servers.
- Personally dealing with 95% of client’s web/intranet support issues and updates with little to no guidance or supervision.
- Used PowerBuilder, Microsoft’s Visual Studio, and SQL Server 2000.
- Providing top notch customer service and account management to a handful of companies.
|July and Aug of 2004
1999 to 2000
- Computer Repair, Trouble Shooting, and new machine Construction
- Computer Sales and Demonstrations